Saturday, July 28, 2012

Do You Guys Know about Macarons?


Oh my gosh, this is a really long-time-ago post I've been desperate to share with you guy so very much but there're too many other stuff to deal with!


Okay, enough of excuses. My friend, Gin Ger was kind enough to share with me her new favourite recipe--- Macarons!

 
Poor camera.. T.T

I was invited to her house for high tea and she just gave me this super super super delicious tiny little cute thing I can never have enough!


Believe me, she made it. H.E.R.S. E. L. F.


Okay, for those who don't know what is macarons, let me introduce you to the perfect little sweet world:
A macaron is a sweet meringue-based confectionery made with egg whites, icing sugar, granulated sugar, almond powder or ground almond, and food coloring. The macaron is commonly filled with buttercream or jam filling sandwiched between two cookies. Its name is derived from the Italian word maccarone or maccherone. The confectionery is characterised by its smooth, domed top, ruffled circumference (referred to as the "foot"), and flat base. It is mildly moist and easily melts in the mouth.
Macarons can be found in a wide variety of flavors that range from the traditional (raspberry, chocolate) to the new (truffle, green matcha tea). The fillings can range from jams, ganache, or buttercream. Since the English word macaroon can also refer to the coconut macaroon, many have adopted the French spelling of macaron to distinguish the two items in the English language.
However, this has caused confusion over the correct spelling. Some recipes exclude the use of macaroon to refer to this French confection while others think that they are synonymous.




Gin Ger and I had a great time in the Popular bookstore once and she just can't get away from those culinary book. She's a talented chef and I believe she'll be successful in future! *Gin Ger You're Mine!*

Okay, out of the story, but she had made some home-made ice-cream too! That one I wouldn't say no, ever. So she just gave me one crazy flavour-- Cucumber Mint, and guys, believe me, it tastes FABULOUS

It look like green tea huh? But it's Cucumber Mint!


Okay, I'm getting mouth-itchy now... Going to get some supper now. See ya!

p/s: For those who want to try to made their own Macaron, click here for the recipe. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment