Sunday, May 27, 2012

NEW Movie to be Introduced


Me and my friend went KL to stroll around, we got to bored and decided to watch a movie at One Utama Megamall. Every movie is either full or quite late to get showed, so we just randomly picked a movie that we don;t even know it exists. Ha!


The name of the movie is called "A CAT IN PARIS".


Sounds so French-ey right? They even write a "FFF" there which idk what is the meaning (I think it means something French) , but to my surprise, it's the nicest movie I've ever seen this year!

So I decided to give it a review here and share with you guy this very artistic and family-friendly movie.

Starring: Dominique Blanc, Bruno Salomone, Jean Benguigui
Director: Jean-Loup Felicioli, Alain Gagnol
Studio: GKIDS
Genre: Animation
Language: French with English subtitles
Rating: PG (For mild violence and action, and some thematic material.)
Release Date: June 1, 2012 (Limited)



Introductory:

Dino is a pet cat that leads a double life. By day he lives with Zoe, a little mute girl whose mother, Jeanne, is a detective in the Parisian police force. But at night he sneaks out the window to work with Nico - a slinky cat burglar with a big heart, whose fluid movements are poetry in motion – as he evades captors and slips and swishes from rooftop to rooftop across the Paris skyline. The cat’s two worlds collide when young Zoe decides to follow Dino on his nocturnal adventures – and falls into the hands of Victor Costa, a blustery gangster planning the theft of a rare statue.

Now cat and cat burglar must team up to save Zoe from the bumbling thieves, leading to a thrilling acrobatic finale on top of Notre Dame. A Cat in Paris is a warm and richly humorous love letter to classic noir films and the stylized wit of the Pink Panther cartoons – and Dino, the literal cat burglar, manages to steal the show with little more than a subtle swish of the tail and quiet mew.

Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4NTV1HuRW4

Throughout the movie, my heart was up and down with the trilling plot and background music. I never thought that I would like a cartoon anymore since I've not liking cartoon like years already. This movie really makes me so satisfied with its thematic and artistic play. 

I don't know if my friend was good with it, but he told me it's quite good too. All I can say is he kept telling me "Yeah, it's good, an very artistic movie". hehe.

I got back to home and googled for this movie, and SURPRISED again when I saw this movie is actually  shown in 2010 in France, which means it's not actually a very new movie It's just that United States has only released it in 2012 (SO SLOOWW!)



Third Surprise was given when I realized "A CAT IN PARIS" is actually the Winner and Nominees (of course!) of the 84th Oscars Academy Award.


Hello, it's an Oscars Award Piece!


why the heck no one knows about it? Like there's no enough advertisement to advertise this Fantastic Movie? 



Never mind, I'll be their promoter now.



So what are you waiting for? Give it a damn Try when you've watch Men In Back or Safe or Dark Shadow or Battleship. I know they are good, but "A Cat in Paris" deserves more views too. Imagine you can tell your friend that:
 "No kidding you know, it's a Oscar Award Winner Piece, kay."




No comments:

Post a Comment